BT Sport recently contributed live premier League football in 4K from an outside broadcast unit using native IP end-to-end, with no SDI in sight. This is the latest milestone in the accelerating migration from SDI broadcast video to all-IP. Here John Dorval, VP of Americas at Cisco and Neerav Shah, SVP of Strategic Marketing at Grass Valley, explain how broadcaster requirements for all-IP have been met, and how the new partnership announced by the two companies will encourage the migration from SDI.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix