The IBC conference delivered at every level in September, from the strategic vision of Sir Martin Sorrell (offering a global view as CEO of WPP) and Dana Strong (on driving change at Liberty Global in her role as Chief Transformation Officer) down to the fine details of virtual reality, with the best creative minds exploring how they can develop immersive storytelling. The audience questions from Indian film studios about VR were as much a part of IBC as those from famed broadcaster/publisher (and BBC anchor) Andrew Neil at the Leaders Summit. Here Susan Elkington, Consultant Director of Content at IBC 2016, gives her view of the conference and the first clue to what we can expect next year, with the new ‘Platform Futures’ stream – which has increased the focus on OTT evolution – likely to become a mainstay.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix