TF1 does not see itself as a broadcaster anymore, with Phillipe Boscher, Head of Marketing and Business Development at TF1 Publicité Digital, describing the company as a content marketplace – and one that gives advertisers access to 55 million additional TV screens in the form of smartphones and tablets in France. Over two years ago TF1 created a private programmatic exchange where advertisers can buy all its inventory – including IPTV and ‘digital’, including the biggest shows – and now 83% of its top TV advertisers use the exchange. The broadcaster prides itself on the high levels of transparency its clients get; everyone knows what they are buying and the quality of what they are buying.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix