“Because of the irresponsible use of invasive ad units and careless use of data, ad-blocking threatened the digital advertising ecosystem at its core. Perhaps surprisingly, the practice appears to have peaked.” That is what GroupM observes in its new ‘Interaction’ report for clients and partners, published this month. The company says more ads are being delivered in app environments (which are closed to ad-blocking technology) and there is now better advertising, something that will be accelerated by the cross-industry ‘Coalition for Better Ads’ initiative that was set up in the U.S. last September.
- Cross-device marketing impact and machine learning are on the agenda at the Connected Consumer ConferenceMay 25, 2017
- Viacom will prioritize distribution platforms that do not decouple its content from its brandsMay 25, 2017
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco’s Infinite Video Platform; will help track and improve Pay TV customer journeyMay 11, 2017
- NAGRA and IBCAP extend agreement to tackle piracy of international content in the U.S.May 11, 2017
- Verimatrix packages multi-DRM security and video analytics and offers them on subscription basisMay 11, 2017
- Cross-device marketing impact and machine learning are on the agenda at the Connected Consumer Conference