“Because of the irresponsible use of invasive ad units and careless use of data, ad-blocking threatened the digital advertising ecosystem at its core. Perhaps surprisingly, the practice appears to have peaked.” That is what GroupM observes in its new ‘Interaction’ report for clients and partners, published this month. The company says more ads are being delivered in app environments (which are closed to ad-blocking technology) and there is now better advertising, something that will be accelerated by the cross-industry ‘Coalition for Better Ads’ initiative that was set up in the U.S. last September.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix