It may seem like the only way to lower CPE costs is to move all services to the cloud but virtualization also means you can deploy services on CPE, the ‘Fog’ or the cloud. A Fog computing setup renders services from the edge of the network rather than from centralized resources in a data-centre. Many industry leaders see the cloud edge at the street cabinet as the optimal place to implement Fog. The home is an option for implementing virtualized services for the home network or between homes of the same neighbourhood.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix