It may seem like the only way to lower CPE costs is to move all services to the cloud but virtualization also means you can deploy services on CPE, the ‘Fog’ or the cloud. A Fog computing setup renders services from the edge of the network rather than from centralized resources in a data-centre. Many industry leaders see the cloud edge at the street cabinet as the optimal place to implement Fog. The home is an option for implementing virtualized services for the home network or between homes of the same neighbourhood.
- Cross-device marketing impact and machine learning are on the agenda at the Connected Consumer ConferenceMay 25, 2017
- Viacom will prioritize distribution platforms that do not decouple its content from its brandsMay 25, 2017
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco’s Infinite Video Platform; will help track and improve Pay TV customer journeyMay 11, 2017
- NAGRA and IBCAP extend agreement to tackle piracy of international content in the U.S.May 11, 2017
- Verimatrix packages multi-DRM security and video analytics and offers them on subscription basisMay 11, 2017
- Cross-device marketing impact and machine learning are on the agenda at the Connected Consumer Conference