Making programmes for niches will lead to greater success than trying to conquer the masses with generic TV. It results in higher viewer satisfaction and audience retention but this does require programmers to look beyond demographics and segment their viewers more effectively. Broadcasters need to understand the differences between ‘Knowledge Hunters’, ‘Device Hoppers’ and ‘Fans of the Familiar’ and what kind of TV those different groups want.
- Cross-device marketing impact and machine learning are on the agenda at the Connected Consumer ConferenceMay 25, 2017
- Viacom will prioritize distribution platforms that do not decouple its content from its brandsMay 25, 2017
- Paywizard integrates with Cisco’s Infinite Video Platform; will help track and improve Pay TV customer journeyMay 11, 2017
- NAGRA and IBCAP extend agreement to tackle piracy of international content in the U.S.May 11, 2017
- Verimatrix packages multi-DRM security and video analytics and offers them on subscription basisMay 11, 2017
- Cross-device marketing impact and machine learning are on the agenda at the Connected Consumer Conference