Making programmes for niches will lead to greater success than trying to conquer the masses with generic TV. It results in higher viewer satisfaction and audience retention but this does require programmers to look beyond demographics and segment their viewers more effectively. Broadcasters need to understand the differences between ‘Knowledge Hunters’, ‘Device Hoppers’ and ‘Fans of the Familiar’ and what kind of TV those different groups want.
- New Videonet report: Next-generation multiscreen operations – how big is the fork in the road?June 27, 2017
- Verimatrix acquires device-level data collection capabilities from Genius Digital to strengthen its Verspective offerJune 23, 2017
- Dinamedia and Magine partner to create FlixOlé, a new SVOD service for Spanish moviesJune 22, 2017
- Samba TV and SpotX partnership provides targetable connected TV and cross-screen audiences for direct and programmatic buysJune 22, 2017
- Tata Communications delivers cloud-based broadcast platform that boosts collaboration between VICE Media locationsJune 22, 2017
- New Videonet report: Next-generation multiscreen operations – how big is the fork in the road?