Embedded video in social media is one of the factors driving the growth in mobile video traffic, which is forecast to account for nearly three-quarters of all mobile data traffic by 2022. Apps such as Periscope and Babuser have caused a surge in millennial and video-centric smartphone users accessing video. Live streaming on Facebook, Twitter and other social media apps is helping to drive the uptake of UGC. The Ericsson Mobility Report has been looking at the social video phenomenon.
- New Videonet report: Next-generation multiscreen operations – how big is the fork in the road?June 27, 2017
- Verimatrix acquires device-level data collection capabilities from Genius Digital to strengthen its Verspective offerJune 23, 2017
- Dinamedia and Magine partner to create FlixOlé, a new SVOD service for Spanish moviesJune 22, 2017
- Samba TV and SpotX partnership provides targetable connected TV and cross-screen audiences for direct and programmatic buysJune 22, 2017
- Tata Communications delivers cloud-based broadcast platform that boosts collaboration between VICE Media locationsJune 22, 2017
- New Videonet report: Next-generation multiscreen operations – how big is the fork in the road?