Embedded video in social media is one of the factors driving the growth in mobile video traffic, which is forecast to account for nearly three-quarters of all mobile data traffic by 2022. Apps such as Periscope and Babuser have caused a surge in millennial and video-centric smartphone users accessing video. Live streaming on Facebook, Twitter and other social media apps is helping to drive the uptake of UGC. The Ericsson Mobility Report has been looking at the social video phenomenon.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix