Embedded video in social media is one of the factors driving the growth in mobile video traffic, which is forecast to account for nearly three-quarters of all mobile data traffic by 2022. Apps such as Periscope and Babuser have caused a surge in millennial and video-centric smartphone users accessing video. Live streaming on Facebook, Twitter and other social media apps is helping to drive the uptake of UGC. The Ericsson Mobility Report has been looking at the social video phenomenon.
- ARRIS helps boost satellite distribution efficiencies with new receivers featuring integrated decoding or transcodingApril 27, 2017
- Watson-enabled cloud service will improve understanding of content and hasten business-boosting insightsApril 27, 2017
- TiVo anticipates growing need for real-time and regionalised metadata with its latest content discovery advancesApril 27, 2017
- Ericsson reveals first partners in one-stop-shop personalised TV navigation and discovery ecosystemApril 27, 2017
- EyeQ packaging solution enables HDTV on low-bandwidth DSL lines by removing data that the human eye does not missApril 27, 2017
- ARRIS helps boost satellite distribution efficiencies with new receivers featuring integrated decoding or transcoding