A new generation of the compression codec is more efficient and, for the first time, treats different parts of the video frame differently when encoding. PERSEUS is already used as an enhancement layer to boost an H.264 encode at Sky Italia and FastFilmz and it could be used as an enhancement on top of HEVC. Higher density means lower CapEx and OpEx.
- Huawei releases a cloud-based unified CDN solutionApril 12, 2017
- Stofa secures its forthcoming Android set-top box with Irdeto Cloaked CAApril 12, 2017
- Sky introduces HEVC encoding and decoding for its football and F1 contribution, boosting efficiency when compared to H.264April 12, 2017
- Pirelli World Challenge will show how perfect synchronization of live OTT across screens could revolutionize sports coverageApril 12, 2017
- A one hour show can be captioned in two hours using Ericsson’s fastest-ever offline captioning serviceApril 12, 2017
- Huawei releases a cloud-based unified CDN solution