As we shift to IP, there is the opportunity to do amazing things with video services and the UEX but added pressure on video development and operation teams to deliver and validate more. The transition to the shared medium of IP brings new testing and monitoring challenges, including the need to be aware of the hybrid infrastructure underneath. Crowdsourcing of testing talent, automation and artificial intelligence are among the solutions.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix