Universal search will improve content discovery across live linear, OTT and VOD on all devices, and could be filtered according to services you subscribe to, time windows, or SD versus HD quality or pricing. Content owners and SVOD providers must decide whether to become involved in this historic discovery opportunity and could be worried about their metadata quality or losing control of data. Clever technology and cooperation means universal search will happen.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix