Broadcasters felt threatened by the growth of SVOD, as live television appeared to be at risk. Today the picture is different as live TV makes the successful transition to online, where audiences are ready and waiting. Dynamic Ad Insertion has provided broadcasters with the tools to monetise streamed channels in a way that maintains the exceptional user experience of high-end television. Live online sports, especially, is at the heart of the broadcaster fightback.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix