Cloud DVR means viewers can record more shows, buy extra storage when needed and download recorded programmes to a smartphone to watch on-the-go, all improving the user experience. ‘Unique copy’ legal requirements and CDN costs present challenges to this model but can be offset by the use of large data centres and their economies of scale, and by the introduction of addressable advertising, which increases revenues from the on-demand streams.
- Eutelsat’s Sat.tv mobile programme guide is now available to another 52 million homes, boosting broadcaster engagementMarch 23, 2017
- TiVo provides conversational search for Sky Q, harnessing natural language processing and advanced metadataMarch 23, 2017
- Viaccess-Orca and cloud video processing specialist Encoding.com partner to streamline multiscreen VOD preparationMarch 23, 2017
- Midco prepares the way for multiscreen VOD with next-generation Adrenalin from SeaChangeMarch 23, 2017
- Akamai Media Acceleration will boost consistency and quality of video over the open InternetMarch 23, 2017
- Eutelsat’s Sat.tv mobile programme guide is now available to another 52 million homes, boosting broadcaster engagement