The unified headend, which combines previously separate broadcast and multiscreen video processing platforms, is the natural next step for television operations and can have a significant impact on operations costs, agility and therefore competitiveness. Codec convergence and the performance of software-based video processing are leading media companies in this direction. A non-live shadow workflow can be used to prepare for the migration.
- New Videonet report: Next-generation multiscreen operations – how big is the fork in the road?June 27, 2017
- Verimatrix acquires device-level data collection capabilities from Genius Digital to strengthen its Verspective offerJune 23, 2017
- Dinamedia and Magine partner to create FlixOlé, a new SVOD service for Spanish moviesJune 22, 2017
- Samba TV and SpotX partnership provides targetable connected TV and cross-screen audiences for direct and programmatic buysJune 22, 2017
- Tata Communications delivers cloud-based broadcast platform that boosts collaboration between VICE Media locationsJune 22, 2017
- New Videonet report: Next-generation multiscreen operations – how big is the fork in the road?