The PERSEUS compression codec has gained a foothold in the broadcast market, with Rai and Eutelsat using it for UHD football contribution and Sky Italia deployed for distribution to IPTV set-top boxes. V-Nova’s acquisition of Faroudja Enterprises will deliver pre- and post-processing synergies and a new generation encoder/decoder is ready for HD and UHD simulcasting.
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like NetflixMarch 30, 2017
- SaskTel will implement MediaFirst this year, ready for next-gen IPTV roll-out in 2018March 30, 2017
- Trace launches multiscreen SVOD and live TV service after a 12 week build on Simplestream cloud platformMarch 29, 2017
- UnyQTV means smaller and mid-sized operators can deploy OTT quickly, with little CapEx or in-house expertiseMarch 29, 2017
- Parks Associates highlights consumer concerns about data privacyMarch 29, 2017
- Content owners should consider building their own television-focused CDNs, like Netflix