Making programmes for niches will lead to greater success than trying to conquer the masses with generic TV. It results in higher viewer satisfaction and audience retention but this does require programmers to look beyond demographics and segment their viewers more effectively. Broadcasters need to understand the differences between ‘Knowledge Hunters’, ‘Device Hoppers’ and ‘Fans of the Familiar’ and what kind of TV those different groups want.
- Eutelsat’s Sat.tv mobile programme guide is now available to another 52 million homes, boosting broadcaster engagementMarch 23, 2017
- TiVo provides conversational search for Sky Q, harnessing natural language processing and advanced metadataMarch 23, 2017
- Viaccess-Orca and cloud video processing specialist Encoding.com partner to streamline multiscreen VOD preparationMarch 23, 2017
- Midco prepares the way for multiscreen VOD with next-generation Adrenalin from SeaChangeMarch 23, 2017
- Akamai Media Acceleration will boost consistency and quality of video over the open InternetMarch 23, 2017
- Eutelsat’s Sat.tv mobile programme guide is now available to another 52 million homes, boosting broadcaster engagement