Given an average viewing duration of 30 minutes per live online channel, 12 previously unavailable ad spots are being opened up per viewing session using dynamic advertising insertion (DAI). That beats having a couple of pre-roll ads and explains why broadcasters are so excited about the technology. Server-side ad insertion technology has now been proven out at scale – one of the biggest takeaways of 2016.
- ARRIS helps boost satellite distribution efficiencies with new receivers featuring integrated decoding or transcodingApril 27, 2017
- Watson-enabled cloud service will improve understanding of content and hasten business-boosting insightsApril 27, 2017
- TiVo anticipates growing need for real-time and regionalised metadata with its latest content discovery advancesApril 27, 2017
- Ericsson reveals first partners in one-stop-shop personalised TV navigation and discovery ecosystemApril 27, 2017
- EyeQ packaging solution enables HDTV on low-bandwidth DSL lines by removing data that the human eye does not missApril 27, 2017
- ARRIS helps boost satellite distribution efficiencies with new receivers featuring integrated decoding or transcoding